Thread: Losing Hope
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 12:23 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Losing Hope

I was diagnosed with RSD in June, after arthroscopic knee surgery. I can tolerate the pain, numbness, and burning. But what I'm finding it difficult to tolerate is barely being able to walk. My knee feels "locked" to the lateral position, making me unable to bend my leg when I walk. Sitting and driving are difficult, as well. I've quit therapy, per my surgeon, and am seeing a pain management Dr. I am on Neurontin and wear a Clonidine patch on my knee. I have had a bone scan, which confirmed the diagnosis and just had my 2nd lumbar sympathetic block on Wednesday. I don't feel much of a difference. My quad muscle looks like it is wasting away compared to the other one. I can't seem to get a straight answer if the nerve blocks are supposed to help with mobility. I'm feeling depressed and worried that this may be as good as it gets. I hate going in public, because I feel the stares that I get from people. I'm not sure what else can be done, if anything. I have two more blocks scheduled over the next two weeks. What then?? Desperate for answers..
tlaymon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-28-2015)