View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 01:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne C. View Post
My podiatrist, who was really the first to diagnose me, instantly cited my height as a contributing factor. He said the neurologist who diagnosed me with bilateral carpal tunnel several years earlier was an idiot as that combined with being 6'2" (ridiculously tall for a woman), was a red flag.

I also have multiple nerve entrapments. The neurologist at Johns Hopkins found them everywhere he looked. He tested for HNPP but it was negative. One of my sons has had surgery to release an elbow entrapment, but that was either caused or aggravated by a car accident.

I was also very flexible when I was younger, as were my sons, both of whom have inherited the neuropathy. They are each 6'4". With CMT height shouldn't be an issue but I think it may show up earlier and move faster if you are extremely tall, the length of the nerves seems to make a difference.

An insurance company in an accident case tried to claim that my son had Marfan's syndrome. We do have some of the markers including unusually long arms, but not the others. His doctor joked that it would have been the first time a car accident caused Marfan's.
Sorry to get off topic here...but how did you know you had nerve entrapments--did they show up in an emg/ncv? I've read where diabetic neuropathy has responded to entrapment surgery and wondered if other types of pn would too.
northerngal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote