View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 02:41 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Unhappy Encouraged

I am 28 years old and was in a MVA October 2014 with my 3 kids. I didn't know at the time, but I had smoked my face off the steering wheel when hit at 90km/hr while stopped. I deteriorated at home for another 2 days before returning to the doctor and being diagnosed with a concussion.

That last 10 months have been extremely challenging for me and I still wonder if I am ever going to feel like me again. I have a hard time being around my kids due to their energy levels, being around people who are stressing as it gives me headaches and I feel like I can't ask for help.

I was always such a strong person who could handle everything thrown my way but now I can't. I have met with a neuropsychologist and a physiatrist who have both said that because of my hectic life(even though things have slowed down) that I will continue to suffer delays. The depression that I feel is probably the hardest thing to deal with and there isn't anyone around me who can understand what I am going through.

It is great to hear so many stories of people getting better and it makes me feel a little less alone.
Yukonhead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote