View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 05:51 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks for your reply, Snoopy. I will check out the spinal disorders page, although oddly the one thing I do not suffer from is back pain.

In relation to the lesions, the report conclusion states: "There are some minor hemispheric white matter T2 hyper-intensities which are not particularly excessive for age, likely on a small vessel basis and of doubtful clinical significance. There is no other intracranial MR abnormality of note"

However I do not think such a conclusion is warranted. I have seen no research that suggests someone in their mid 40's would be expected to have 8 lesions. More importantly, the number of lesions increases each time a new symptom arrives and has recently increased by almost 100% (unless this is an error or simply due to subjective variance between radiographers).

I seem to fit the diagnostic criteria for MS that you pasted and the other published criteria perfectly (symptoms plus lesions separated in time and space documented to occur at the onset of new symptoms ).

I can only assume my Dr does not see my symptoms as being MS symptoms. I do not get numbness or pins and needles, but I believe that is because I have several massages a week. If I stop these massages then they come back in a week. I do have hyper sensitivity in all my extremities. I've wondered if I have peripheral neuropathy, but I was told its not possible because I do not have diabetes. A comment you can refute with 10 minutes googling.

[QUOTE=Snoopy;1166621]Hello Comeonthen,

Disc Osteophyte is also known as Bone Spurs which may or may not cause symptoms. The link below explains what Bone Spurs are, the symptoms and treatment.

Bone spurs are not related to Multiple Sclerosis. You may want to post on the spinal disorders and back pain forum on this topic.

Spinal Disorders and Back Pain:

Information about Bone Spurs:

Lesions listed as non-specific can be due to any number of causes and is not specific for Multiple Sclerosis. Has the MRI report or your Neurologist said the lesions are due to Demyelination? Multiple Sclerosis is a demyelinating disease and usually a MRI report will indicate lesions as such.

There is a diagnostic criteria for MS (The McDonald Criteria). The links below explain the other conditions that can cause the same symptoms of MS and that need to be ruled out as well as testing used in diagnosing MS.

Other conditions to be ruled out:

Diagnosing Multiple Sclerosis:
Comeonthen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Snoopy (08-28-2015)