View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 05:58 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

ELna,

I am not defending his technique as I was not there to see the surgery. I've never witnessed this closure technique unless the situation warranted it. I have seen, too many times, botched up closures :/ Even simple ones. So I unfortunately know that does happen :/

Here is another link that explains the buccal fat pad that is used for the closure. It also gives photos... warning, they are explicit.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3510921/

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELna View Post
Exactly. There wasn't an extreme case. There was an overly eager surgeon who actually said before the operation hmmm where should I take the gum from and he chose the procedure because he remembered he could take gum from there not because of the hole itself. According to him the only reason the first operation wasn't successful might be because of a piece of sharp bone around the area where the gum tissue used during the first surgery might have broke so he took care of that. He had no idea of the consequences he would be causing. There is a reason he left. It wasn't an extreme hole or anything else going on he clearly chose an unnecessary procedure. Thank you for clearing that up for me. I also wish everyone was like you but they are not Bryanna. There might not be a good, noble reason behind his actions. He simply might not be good. Thank you again, for everything.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote