View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 07:56 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Comeonthen,

Quote:
I've wondered if I have peripheral neuropathy, but I was told its not possible because I do not have diabetes.
As you already know you can have peripheral neuropathy and not have Diabetes. If a Dr. told you that I would certainly be looking for a new Dr.

Information about the causes of peripheral neuropathy: http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/p...neuropathy.htm

There are other conditions that can cause lesions as well as the symptoms you are having. It's important, for the diagnostic process, to rule out other causes. Your diagnosis of impaired mitochondrial function is one of those other conditions. But, you could have impaired mitochondrial function and something else.

Quote:
In relation to the lesions, the report conclusion states: "There are some minor hemispheric white matter T2 hyper-intensities which are not particularly excessive for age, likely on a small vessel basis and of doubtful clinical significance. There is no other intracranial MR abnormality of note"
Was this the "impression" section? There is not any mention of demyelination which is what would indicate MS as a possibility.

Quote:
More importantly, the number of lesions increases each time a new symptom arrives and has recently increased by almost 100% (unless this is an error or simply due to subjective variance between radiographers).
In the case of Multiple Sclerosis: A new symptom does not necessarily mean the MRI will show new lesions. It is possible to have new symptoms or even an exacerbation (relapse, attack, flare-up) and not have new lesions.

You really need to get some clarification from your Neurologist about what is causing the lesions and your symptoms, if you haven't done so already.