View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 11:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default How lovely

How I would love to see a photo of your lavender garden.And thank you also for prompting us to utilise simple things as a means to well being.You are so thoughtful at this Tena.
I use lavender for it`s soporific qualities and indeed,even my son who is twelve,when having difficulty sleeping [curse of too much playstation] will find me and say "Can I have a shot of lavendar spray on my pillow mum?"
regardless that he might run the risk of beaming off to school the next day smelling like a "nancy!"

I also use lavender linen water when ironing.It somehow makes the chore more attractive,although I have b een known to fall asleep whilst ironing,hence a few burnt shirts!
Just a warning...in a nice way.My mum once poured too much lavender oil in her bath water and it made her light headed.She emerged looking like she`d downed 6 bottles of wine...red faced and smiley.
How we laughed.A fond memory of her...but then again,one sherry on a Sunday after church and she was away with the fairies.
We never were a family who did well on alcohol. lol

Oh...what a delightful post to wake up to.You`ve made me want to visit a garden centre and buy heaps of the stuff to plant under my roses.
Yep...might just put that as my priority today.
Bless you
Steff
x
steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote