Thread: Losing Hope
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 05:34 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

I would really encourage you to find somewhere to do warm water pt. If that isn't possible, then just find a warm water pool to swim in and to start your own exercise program. The more you move that leg in a non weight bearing situation, the better chances for recovery.

There are many meds and therapies to try. If you feel like you more support to help you through what will likely be one of the most stressful and difficult periods of your life, than look into seeing a pain psychologist or a therapist with extensive experience with chronic pain patients.

In addition to baths with Epsom salts, Epsom salt lotion works well to reduce my swelling. If you haven't tried Lidocaine patches, they can be helpful as well.

If you can afford to go out of pocket, i would suggest trying HBOT treatments (asap). I tried the treatments probably too late for my original CRPS site, but I had spread to one of my legs after a car accident and after getting worse for several months, the HBOT resolved my leg issue, which never returned. Worst case scenario you won't respond and will waste some money, but there are few side effects and it's not difficult IMO.

If you want to try either blocks or Ketamine infusions, I'd encourage you again to do them asap. The sooner you treat, the more likely you'll go into remission.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (08-29-2015), DejaVu (09-01-2015), Littlepaw (08-29-2015), mama mac (08-29-2015), MissyJ (08-29-2015), tlaymon (08-29-2015), visioniosiv (08-31-2015)