View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 10:50 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
Hi Comeonthen,

As you already know you can have peripheral neuropathy and not have Diabetes. If a Dr. told you that I would certainly be looking for a new Dr.

He is a leading neurologist who specializes in MS. To be fair he said that if I had neuropahty the endocrinologist would of picked it up.

Information about the causes of peripheral neuropathy:

There are other conditions that can cause lesions as well as the symptoms you are having. It's important, for the diagnostic process, to rule out other causes. Your diagnosis of impaired mitochondrial function is one of those other conditions. But, you could have impaired mitochondrial function and something else.

Was this the "impression" section? There is not any mention of demyelination which is what would indicate MS as a possibility.

It was in the 'in conclusion' section. There is no reference to demyelination. From my previous MRI my neurologist had said my white spots are not consistent with MS (wrong place and wrong shape) and that he did not believe there was any disease process going on.

In the case of Multiple Sclerosis: A new symptom does not necessarily mean the MRI will show new lesions. It is possible to have new symptoms or even an exacerbation (relapse, attack, flare-up) and not have new lesions.

You really need to get some clarification from your Neurologist about what is causing the lesions and your symptoms, if you haven't done so already.
As above, he says there no evidence of a disease process. The white spots are due to age (I am also an ex smoker).
Comeonthen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Snoopy (08-29-2015)