View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 04:05 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you for explaining why my gums hurt! This is so uncomfortable and I could not understand it. You totally helped me understand why it feels all in the gum area.

The dentists I saw are pretty much the most holistic of all the options in about a 200 mile radius of my area. So I was pretty surprised when the one (who I think has about 1/4 his practice as root canal extractions) said that of all my options, root canal with ozone might be the best, albeit temporary option I have if the pain will not spontaneously cease by either reversing the inflammation or the natural death of the nerve.

To answer your question, if I did get an abscess, I would extract that one and have to only hope an implant would be successful. Without it, I might have to adjust to life with a missing front tooth. It would be devastating.

So for right now, my only choice open to me is between keeping on like this and getting the root canal with ozone.

So that is why I am living in pain. I told my husband today I think that 99 out of 100 people would have had the root canal weeks ago. He agreed. I just am clinging to any hope that it will just go away at this point.

My dentist really thinks that the occulsal adjustment is going to reduce the pressure on that tooth and stop the pain. However, that is not for over 2 weeks since I am going away and they couldn't even get me in until 4 days after I return for the adjustment. (I am going to call on Monday and beg for an earlier appointment.)

I might have to rely on Motrin while I am away if this gets worse. So far I have only taken my herbal supplements. I am trying to save Motrin for worst case scenario time.

If the adjustment in 2.5 weeks doesn't help, and it's not at all improving, I am going to have to get the root canal. I still am not at peace with that decision yet but in a few more weeks of pain, I think I will be.

This totally sucks!!!
nukuspot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote