Thread: Is this PCS?
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 04:28 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Welcome, Nathan.

I'm sorry about your debilitating headaches. I know it can make it hard to continue with life.

You mentioned taking a break from physical activities. I don't know exactly what a concussion clinic is, but I'm assuming they had you do some brain rest, where you power down on the screen time, visual stimulation, etc. for a while?

Is the headache, when you stand up, so bad that you are unable to drive, work, or otherwise function? In this case, I am guessing you might need to discontinue the stimulation (even standing up?) or anything that increases the headache symptoms until they go away.

Is the headache something that allows you to function, but you are unhappy with the pain and want it to go away to improve your quality of life? In that case, it could just take time. But don't think we are without sympathy, because most of us here are in this situation and we know it's pretty crappy. It can feel endless. For a lot of PCS, there is time, waiting, and patience rather than "fixing".

Hang in there.
Julie

For the 5-10 years prior to that I’ve had what I now realize were possibly 20+ undiagnosed concussions or sub-concussions. Likely most of these result from Duane's Syndrome, for which I now have prism glasses. Have successfully done vestibular therapy and plan to start vision therapy.

Current companions: Significant depression, anxiety, hyperacusis, difficulty with verbal expression (recall & word mixups), mild spacial/vestibular issues. Feelings of disconnect in relationships.
AndromedaJulie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote