View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 08:28 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for replying. I'm up to 30 mg a day and haven't seen any problem with weight gain yet. Its not helping the pain much, though. I feel some difference on some days and have had a few pain-free moments, but other days it doesn't seem to help much.

I'll keep increasing and hope for the best.

I'm happy I feel pretty clear during the day and feel mostly like myself. So I can't complain about the side effects.

Also, i just had some sacro-cranio massage therapy that I had a pretty strong reaction to (MORE pain instead of less). I've postponed the next session.

I've found yoga and pilates to help, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl1818 View Post
Hi Head Pain,
I guess the doctor who prescribed my amitriptyline didn't beleive in tapering up. He started me on 50 mg and it was rough at first. All I wanted to do was eat and sleep. I was sleeping 15 hours a night on the weekends and had a fierce craving for chocolate milk shakes. I gained 10 pounds in 6 weeks and my cholesterol went up from all those milk shakes. It also made my heart race and I had to start taking a beta blocker. BUT....the amitriptyline worked better for my nerve pain than any other drug I had tried. I found that a good dose for me is 40 mg.

What dose are you up to now? Is your pain getting better? I sure hope so.
Cheryl
HeadPain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote