View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 01:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Didn't get it....

I don't know why, but I checked my spam mail and even the filtered junk mail.
Only thing I'm thinking is maybe my IP doesn't accept hotmail, because I didn't get ANY emails from you, and I know you sent me an earlier one in reply to SeaPines SOS, which she forwarded on to me asking if I'd received the articles OK. That's when I put the search on, and I have nothing from you at all.

Sorry I've been AWOL, we had a family reunion yesterday - first rainy weekend in a month, naturally. Then had to pick up a few things and pack my youngest for a youth mission trip to NW IL. Today we had church, a leisurely lunch, visited dh's parents, then saw her and the others off about 3:30. When we got home I sat down and read the paper then laid down and CRASHED for 3 1/2 hrs - a very busy weekend for me, plus 3 hrs in the car Saturday.

Thank you ALL for the help and links - you're just the BEST!! The Sanders one on etiology is great, I've got the abstracts which are useful, and am fine if I don't get the articles - but they wd be the icing on the cake!!

Di, since this is vaccine court, these are the only type of cases these judges, called Special Masters, hear, so they really educate themselves about everything to do with the case, and read medical journal articles often.
The anomalie was already brought up as Dr Annest found it at surgery and it is noted in the surgical report, and my PCP hypothsized this could mean that I was predisposed, but asymptomatic until trauma triggered the TOS, but he knows VERY little about TOS and wasn't aware of any relevant opinions or articles that backed up this hypothesis, so the Special Master didn't give it much weight. I had already testified, and couldn't say anything, and I didn't have these articles with me that day anyway, and didn't think later to see that this material was sent to the Special Master. Now's my chance, as the settlement figure hinges on their IME's report, which ONLY disputes the TOS, and these articles totally blow their whole TOS argument out of the water!

Thanks again - and if you want to say a prayer that justice is served or wish me good luck tomorrow and Tuesday, that wd be much appreciated too!

beth
beth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote