Thread: Shingles!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 11:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuroproblem View Post
Yes people are allowed to have treatment past 3 days, i had it at 7th. but it was too late by then though. THE 3 day window, is when shingles does the most damage to the nerves by the 3rd day, enough to give you all the symptoms i described. For HSV-1 and 2 it is different than with shingles.

shingles unlike hsv1 and 2, is far more painful, and it causes post herpetic neuralgia, and permanent nerve damage.
I also had aseptic meningitis caused by the shingles, i had it for the whole week, my spine and neck were stiff to the point it was hard to make head or torso turns. Also had lower back pain from the affected nerve.
Shingles is more severe and widespread in older individuals, 55+, and 75+ its even worse. People who are immunocompromised like elderly, Hiv or have autoimmune can get reccurent shingles, and it affects more than 1 dermatome/dorsal root ganglion. And thier shingles tend to last longer and have PHN as a result. turning black means the tissue has become necrotic at the blister site, and infection can set in there.People who have Hiv would most likely have it on both side of the body as well as opposed to 1side.

The only time i had an outbreak, which was my first was when i had a fever and from food posoining, which is why it was called a fever blsiter(cold sore). At first i thought it was just a wierd mouth ulcer, the doctor i went to for food poisoning noticed and told me it was hsv-1. The ulcer caused by hsv1 was like a scalloped sore, which is indicative of hsv-1 on the lip.

These herpes infection tells you what is the state of your immune system.
The 3 day mark was to prevent shingles from progressing to permanent nerve damage and PHN, after that 3 days the medication is less effective at preventing the nerve damage and PHN, though it may lessen the symptoms though. Since i took mines on the 7th day, while it bursted, it already had done its permanent damage.
Hi Neuroproblem,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience and knowledge.
Thanks for increasing awareness.

DejaVu
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote