View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 12:12 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Unhappy Physical pain and worsened symptoms after getting a haircut

I went today to the hairdresser to get a haircut (8 hours ago), and I feel terrible right now. I don't really know why. In addition to the symptoms, I'm experiencing physical pain, which is disproportionate to what happened.

When I got there, the hairdresser asked me to lean backwards to the shampoo sink, so I did. While doing that, he lifted it up and it hit my neck while I was leaning my head backwards. I freaked out a bit but immediately took deep breathes and calmed myself down. He shampooed my head quite aggressively (it felt too quick and that he moved my head too much), but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to sound obsessive.

Later, he cut my hair with the trimmer and it felt like he was placing it too strong against my head, but again I didn't say a thing and calmed myself down.

The problem is that I now feel absolutely terrible. I feel similar to how I felt in the early days after my concussion. I'm confused, I make too many typos, I have a very bad brain fog and my neck and head hurt for 8 hours already (my neck pain is very slowly fading, but it is still very apparent after 8 hours).

I avoided running into anxiety while I was getting the haircut, but I feel really bad right now. I'm starting to think that between the shampoo sink hitting my neck, the hairdresser shampooing my head slightly aggressively in the shampoo sink (my head moved around a lot there) and him using too much force with the trimmer, something happened that made me feel so bad.

My neck was very uncomfortable in that sink but I calmed myself as I learnt to do in CBT in order not to spark anxiety. I didn't complain to him because I didn't want to sound obsessive.

So now, after 8 hours of continually feeling bad, I want to ask - could it be that the shampoo sink hitting my neck and the head washing by the hairdresser made all my symptoms returned? Could it have stressed my brain or caused a minor impact that made the symptoms return? Can you get a sub-concussive impact from a shampoo sink hitting your neck with too much velocity? I'm asking because I'm overwhelmed of how bad I feel, even though I applied the relaxation techniques of the CBT treatment I've been to.

Thanks,
-ProAgonist

Concussions:

27 October 2014 - I accidentally smashed my head against a concrete wall while I was running (it was a slow run of about 3 meters / second).
No LOC.

6 November 2014 - In a sports field, A basketball ball fell on my head from about 5 meters height.

January 2, 2016 update: I am very optimistic, as I've made a significant recovery until now (2-Jan-2016). I am confident that my situation will keep improving.
ProAgonist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (08-30-2015), Wiix (08-30-2015)