View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 12:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Relating to SSDI, I think it is not the diagnosis itself, but how severely it affects a person in daily activities. Some have more pain and limitations than others.

^^^^Excellent points. Thanks. And like most things, I imagine the sooner they get the correct DX, the better the probable outcome. It took them about 2.5 years to get my proper DX (via skin bio).

^^^^My goal yesterday was to have a 15 min walk. Now this was not a 'power walk'. I know those things are now out of my league. At the six minute mark I started to head back to my apartment. PAIN. Total walk time - 8 minutes. I'd liked to try some Wii tennis today, last time I did that . . . was only for about 12 minutes. Wow . . . Stayed up most that night in pain.

Sometimes it is a matter of where you live , if there is or is not jobs that will fit any limitations that may be necessary for that person to work.
^^^^^It seems like I read somewhere that the SSA could care less if there are any jobs in one's area, for one's limitations. If you can work part-time doing non-demanding work . . . then FIND IT. I had the impression they could care less what is available in your area. "You can always move." Your thoughts? Thanks.