View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 03:40 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canifindagooddr View Post
Wow. I'm even more depressed after reading all of that. GHEZ. Complicated. I appreciate all the hard work that I imagined went into creating that. Thank you. Now on to your conclusion. You wrote:

SS then would have ruled out that you qualified via the GRID Rules even though you are over the age of 50. When going through the 5 Step Sequential Process, they determined you could no longer perform your prior work (step 4) but could perform other work (step 5).

So . . . I came close? Got tripped up on the last and final step?!
That final step is your ability to work ANY job at the SGA level ($1090 per month) due to your functional limitations. You will have to prove you're not capable of working unskilled, sedentary jobs like that of a Surveillance System Monitor. This is a very difficult standard and is as complicated as being approved with a Listed Impairment.

http://www.occupationalinfo.org/37/379367010.html

"CODE: 379.367-010
TITLE(s): SURVEILLANCE-SYSTEM MONITOR (government ser.)

Monitors premises of public transportation terminals to detect crimes or disturbances, using closed circuit television monitors, and notifies authorities by telephone of need for corrective action: Observes television screens that transmit in sequence views of transportation facility sites. Pushes hold button to maintain surveillance of location where incident is developing, and telephones police or other designated agency to notify authorities of location of disruptive activity. Adjusts monitor controls when required to improve reception, and notifies repair service of equipment malfunctions.
GOE: 04.02.03 STRENGTH: S GED: R3 M1 L3 SVP: 2 DLU: 86"
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote