View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 05:13 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

A certain neurologist who I no longer see because I agree with echoes that the person is an idiot . . . told me to get more bed rest. His nurse told me 'for every hour on your feet . . . you need to be in your bed for two hours."

I have told my GP (for some reason his records did not get considered by the SSA) as much recently. Hopefully he wrote something in his notes that in HIS opinion I need plenty of bed-rest. These are true facts. Apparently they had not been written into my medical records at the time the SSA made their decision. I hope to soon get records to the SSA about my NEED for bed-rest.

I can't imagine a job that lets me lays down on a bed often . . .

When I was teaching school, during my lunch hour, at 1130am - almost every day, I would bring a mat into my small office. I would lay on my back with my feet up on my chair for about 30 minutes before I would eat . . . usually this was not long enough . . . but tough luck . . . I had to eat and then I had to teach in the afternoon.

One day late in Feb of 2015 . . . when I was very concerned about being able to safely drive home with feet that felt as if they were encased in cement . . . .I called my MD bro. He said, "You cannot finish the year blah, blah, blah..." FMLA started.

I think I can meet standard 5. I already meet it but apparently my neurologist did not write my need in his notes. I have his summaries. They are very confusing and contradicting. For example, after my first visit, 'come back and see him in three months'.

I made it one month due to pain in my feet. He changed my gabapentin from 900mgs per day to 2400mgs per day. YET, in his summary for that visit, he wrote that my 'symptoms were less severe." REALLY?! Then why did I come in TWO months EARLIER? Why more than DOUBLE my Gabapentin dose (irresponsible of him to raise it so high in ONE shot) if I was getting better? My 'symptoms were less severe.' Yeah, right . . . I could give a dozen more examples of stuff like this . . .

Hence my team being my shrink, my GP and myself. No neuro needed. Thank you for the skin bio (done by a DIFFERENT neurologist in the same group) me and my team will handle the TX now . . . and according to a 2003 article titled 'Painful Small Fiber Neuropathy' this is just fine. The article was written in the New England Journal of Medicine. My brother said, 'that is a good journal.'
canifindagooddr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote