View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 05:56 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Julie,

I am so sorry you had to come and find us but you will find good support here. I hope that the meds and nerve block give you some relief. Foot surgery is a challenge to recover from even without CRPS. Whether that is what you have or not I can't say. It does sound suspicious but then again, foot surgery is a bear itself and often takes longer than the docs think it will. You aren't that far out from surgery. If it is CRPS there is hope, the majority of people, 80% according to Cleveland Clinic, recover over time. It takes time and dedication to your rehab and determination to keep trying things until you find what works for you. Compounded topicals or lidocaine may help with the cutaneous pain. Keeping your foot elevated since it's post-op is still important at 8 weeks out. Watch for swelling at the end of the day and maybe look at epsom salt soaks in cool water for that. It's great the burning pain is reducing and you at able to walk some without crutches.

Many of us benefit from the pool. After 3 foot surgeries, the last started the CRPS, I pretty much lived in there and it is where I began to walk again. Going 2+ miles on land now! Keep that foot moving with gentle range of motion and swishing around in the pool even on days you can't do anything else. You WILL make improvements. Ignore the doomsday info on the internet. It is not accurate and wont help your recovery.

I always recommend Dr. Pradeep Chopra's video "CRPS Diagnosis and Management". at 2 hours long it has loads of practical tips on therapies, treatment and supplements. He is highly regarded and a reliable source of info.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3LKhOZ8mAM

Be kind to yourself and come when you have questions, to share, vent or get a virtual hug.
Sending healing love,

Shine Your Bright Light

Last edited by Littlepaw; 08-31-2015 at 07:10 AM.
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (09-01-2015), DejaVu (09-20-2015), Enna70 (08-31-2015)