View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 06:22 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

^^^Wow. You are an amazing source of info! Thank you! Are you like a professional advocate for folks on this stuff or what?!

expected to exhaust all options of treatment before AND after being approved for SSDI, so that you can potentially return to work. Just because you can reference an article from 2003, which will be considered outdated anyway, doesn't mean that SS will accept such an opinion. Since PN is a Listed Impairment, they have expectations of how a person with severe limitations should be handling their treatment. (--Considering your GP has zero experience with the disorder, he can't possibly be your best treating option.)

^^^So, yes - it is dated. BUT, does that make it wrong? I still have the med sheet the neurologist gave me. PT seems to be counter-productive except for simple things such as working on my balance at home. My GP can follow a first line, second line, third line chart as good as anyone else can. Hopefully better than neurologist I mention above. Do you think this said expert did my gabapentin dosage correctly? Not in small, gradual increments . . . BUT from 900mgs all the way up to 2400mgs in just one day. Do gradual building up.

What do your employment records state regarding why you left?

***I don't remember. I think due to health reasons.

In other words, what is the school district's version of your employment in the year prior to your Alleged Onset Date?

^^^^I was on FMLA. . . until the end of the school year. So, I imagine their version is for health reasons since that is what FMLA is usually used for. They knew mine was for medical reasons. They had a note from my shrink.

Did you ever request special accommodations due to your PN before quitting, for example?

^^^^With my mind 'gone' and my feet about the same . . . no special accommodations were requested. Keep in mind I had preexisting mental health conditions that were made worse by my SFN. And, divorce, bankruptcy, foreclosure. In three months during the school year, I had lived in three different places. And, my EX set it up for MAX hurt to me for some reason. I was tossed out of my own house unexpectedly. I have no police record. I have never abused my kids or my wife . . . I have NEVER and neither have my friends . . . heard of a person just being tossed out of their own home without warning . . . So . . .my world was (and still is) falling apart . . . Regarding how my EX started the whole drama - one writer wrote the following:

Don’t blindside your spouse.

Those are not easy questions to answer, but much will depend on whether or not your spouse has any idea of how you feel. If you have been in marital therapy together or have had numerous discussions about how troubled you are by the relationship, or if the feelings are clearly mutual, you will have more options. The words, “I would like a divorce,” as challenging as they may be to say and hear, won’t necessarily be a shock. But if your spouse has no idea, you will likely blindside him or her and that can be devastating. It may also result in a much more difficult transition for both because your spouse will be experiencing the early stages of grief — denial and anger — while you are not only accepting that the marriage isn’t working, but also ready and eager to move on with your life.

It’s all about timing.

Ideally, you’ll want to tell your spouse you’re considering divorce as soon as you realize you want to end your marriage. Saying it when you’re calm and have time to talk about it together, such as at the beginning of the weekend, is a good idea. You already know when your spouse is open to hearing bad news; take that into account. When it comes to finding the right words to say, it’s much more powerful to state your feelings about the relationship clearly, honestly and as kindly as possible, than calling your spouse on all the things you think he or she has done wrong in the marriage. Saying, “I feel sad that we don’t spend time together anymore and that we’ve grown apart,” is easier to hear than a blaming, shaming, “You never do things with me anymore, and it’s your fault that I feel lonely.”

I know. Let me guess. The SSA could care less about my personal life and that is fine. But it is, what it is. Just like their many rules are what they are . . . Hence my hiring a good attorney because it is all quite confusing to me.
canifindagooddr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote