View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 07:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Lit Love wrote:

If you want to claim BP and depression are serious impairments effecting your ability to engage in SGA (again, making $1090 per month) than you will be expected to have longitudinal records of intensive mental health treatment with a psychiatrist or a psychiatrist and a licensed therapist. Going once or twice a year for meds will be viewed by SS that your impairments are adequately be managed with medication alone.

^^^^I go at least four times a year.

Weekly appointments with a therapist would be the norm. Many people end up amending their Alleged Onset Date to when they started going to weekly therapy, for example.

^^^^Seriously?! Sounds like a co-dependency problem seeing a therapist EVERY week. Transference!!!

^^^^Doesn't the fact that I made it to step 5 mean something? I have 'significant impairments' don't I? Wasn't that determined by the SSA since I got to step 5? And since THEY said I can no longer do my former job -- that would infer that they think all is not well in the Land of Oz. Nothing personal, and I do appreciate your knowledge and your frankness -- but frankly, you make it sound as if nothing is 'wrong' with me. It appears to me that the SSA think otherwise. And, when they finally get some good records to look at regarding my SFN, that might get me past step 5. Your thoughts? Thanks.
canifindagooddr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote