View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 08:24 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

^^^The divorce is not pending. It is over. Thank God. I am a bear of small brain and cannot deal with all the issues you bring up at one time so I hit this one:

You wrote:

And can I say, even if you weren't applying for SSDI, it would still be appropriate for you to find a new neurologist

****I'm 0 - 2 with neurologists. I like my GP. He is a good listener. He is wise. The med chart is from the University hospital. Other than meds - what effective treatments are there for SFN? I have read of none. None that are effective any way. Sure. If one has a B-12 problem or a diabetes problem, if a cause is known, treat it but that is not the case for me. I had my blood check. I am idiopathic. Therefore, other than meds, (BTW, was the neurologist responsible or irresponsible with his dosing of my Gabpentin?), what kind of treatment is there for SFN that is idiopathic? I haven't seen/read of any.

and a therapist to help you deal with all of these major life stressors that have hit you all at once?

^^^^I live in a small town of 30K. I picked the best therapist we have. We talked for an hour. I told her I am familiar with DBT and CBT having been through intensive out-patient three times a week therapy - for about ten weeks - three years ago during my first stint of FMLA. Plus, I read and study a lot on my own. She asked me, "Ask your shrink just what exactly we are suppose to be doing with you?" I guess I was having a 'good head day' and was actually talking with some wisdom for a refreshing change. She said, "What do you want me to do, pick up the phone and call an attorney for you?" I have on going legal issues . . . When I talked to my brother about therapy he said, "What for?" M. Scott Peck wrote in 'The Road Less Travelled' that if his patients eventually do not become their own best therapist, then he has not done his job correctly. Know thyself. I think I do. To an adequate degree. The mountain can never entirely see the mountain. I know, the SSA will look down on me for not having a therapist. I will talk with my shrink about this issue on 9/10/15.

If you have to go to multiple providers until you find one that works for you, that's what you have to do.

I like my shrink. I like my GP. I like myself. I think the three of us make a good team. SSA has already called my impairments 'significant' right? They have already said, "You can not do your old line of work" . . . or something to that effect. . . Right? There are five bases to go around . . . I made it to fifth base on the first try. That seems like a good start. . . . But let me guess . . . EVERYBODY makes it to FIFTH BASE . . . and they stay stuck there . . . and therefore . . . never get benefits . . . and that is what is eventually going to happen to me. Correct? Once I am on fifth base - can they change their mind during the process and throw me back to third base? Thanks for sharing your knowledge with me.
canifindagooddr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote