View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 09:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canifindagooddr View Post
Post 11 of this thread. Lit's concluding paragraph gave me this good news:

SS then would have ruled out that you qualified via the GRID Rules even though you are over the age of 50. When going through the 5 Step Sequential Process, they determined you could no longer perform your prior work (step 4) but could perform other work (step 5).

I would definitely defer to Lit Love as I have a very limited understanding and it has been a while since I did MY extensive research.

But, as Lit Love has already posted, there are 3 ways to get approved. How do you know which methods were utilized and where you went off the rails?

A denial letter does not normally state the express reasons for denial but give some generalities if I remember correctly.

You may have been unable to clear step 2 on severity based upon the information SSDI had at the time.

What exactly did your denial letter state? That would give you "some" indication of the point at which you failed to qualify.

I had to get a copy of my file in order to find out where my claim failed approval. Even with a copy of my file, it was still not indicative of the deficits of my claim.

From the file, I did find that some medical records had been overlooked, and it was my belief that my denial was long before step 5.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
canifindagooddr (08-31-2015)