View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 04:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
are you thinking that the sinemet somehow makes permanent, damages to the brain and it brings on the side affects? there is lots of research disproving that belief. so if your're afraid to even try sinemet because you think it will cause irreversible damage/side affects you are wrong imho. but do what you want. don't you know anyone doing fine after 10years on sinemet? .i suggest you view this video.

http://www.cno.parkinson.ca/site/c.j...sons_Video.htm
parkinson's society central and northern arizpna
Dr. Eric Ahlskog
Peterborough Conference, October 2012

old timer, written at least 2 books on pd, initially talks about pd in general and history of L-DOPA, gets to the meat and potatoes around 17minutes into video.
also discusses agonists and azilect.

6 months ago , i had the opportunity to assist to a conference from Erwan Bezard , one of the most respected researcher for PD in Europe .
His conference was about PD meds and Side effects (dyskinesias and so on )
there i learnt that after 5 years of Sinemet (or modopar par or stalevo ) , 100% of the YOUNGER PD patients taking those meds will get the horrible side effects ,
FOR THE OLDER PD sufferers , the side effects will affect 100% of them after 7 to 10 years of intake ,
so yes , Levadopa meds means side effects FOR SURE
i don't want to frighten you , but be warned
if you have the ability to wait a few months before starting levadopa meds , i would suggest you to do a lot of juicing , try nicotine patch therapy and sports ....
there are a few groups on Facebook where you can find pd'ers using those methods
kind regards
villiers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote