View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 06:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 24hr doctor

Had to call locum GP to the house on Sunday he was that bad, after 8 quick trips to the loo and 1 accident - I rang the GP as I googled and saw the Antabuse does have listed diarrhoea to seek medical assistance. So the Doctor arrived and suggested he go to hospital, DB declined.
GP thinks it's the gastritis and or the Antabuse so has to stop that for a few days. Seeing our own GP on Weds and hoping for a referral to gastroenterologist, possibly the one who diagnosed the Barrets and gastritis in the emergency gastroscopy he had in July after vomiting and up black blood and passing it. Not a well man I'm afraid.
He dragged himself out of bed today and attended his first outpatient day therapy, said it was heavy going and with the stomach burn must have been so hard. Sadly his best friend alcohol of 35 years has been slowly and silently poisoning him and only now he has realised. It's been a huge 6 weeks I can tell you and we have many more challenges to come by the sound if it.
Thank you Dejevu and Kiwi for your advice, very grateful to the NT site and users, such a fantastic group of people who come together and offer advice and support.
Will post in Weds after seeing our own GP.
DejaVu (08-31-2015), eva5667faliure (02-09-2016), ger715 (09-01-2015), PurpleFoot721 (03-12-2016), RSD ME (06-22-2016)