View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 08:16 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villiers View Post
6 months ago , i had the opportunity to assist to a conference from Erwan Bezard , one of the most respected researcher for PD in Europe .
His conference was about PD meds and Side effects (dyskinesias and so on )
there i learnt that after 5 years of Sinemet (or modopar par or stalevo ) , 100% of the YOUNGER PD patients taking those meds will get the horrible side effects ,
FOR THE OLDER PD sufferers , the side effects will affect 100% of them after 7 to 10 years of intake ,
so yes , Levadopa meds means side effects FOR SURE
i don't want to frighten you , but be warned
if you have the ability to wait a few months before starting levadopa meds , i would suggest you to do a lot of juicing , try nicotine patch therapy and sports ....
there are a few groups on Facebook where you can find pd'ers using those methods
kind regards
imho that's absolutely false and misleading information. personally, i've been taking l-dopa since 2005, i have taken for short times other pd meds such as selegiline and azilect but currently only on l-dopa amd have no side major affects. i know people on a combo of requip, amantadine and stelevo(contains l-dopa) that have had pd for over 10 years and you wouldn't know they had pd. you seem to be only seeking out information from those that agree with you. i have no opinion on nicotine but that comes with it's own dangerous side affects.

here's an article discussing l-dopa phobia by dr. okun.
http://parkinsonsecrets.com/blog/201...evodopa-phobia
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Arsene (02-17-2016)