View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 09:22 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

erinbard,

A second root canal does nothing more than the first root canal. The reason the tooth is infected is because of the microscopic canals called dentin tubules. Irrelevant of how many times a tooth is root canaled, those canals are not accessible. So the tooth will remain infected.

Yes, dentists make a lot of money on root canal therapy. However, the only options they have to offer a patient when a tooth is badly decayed or infected is a root canal or extraction. It is not that they don't care about your health, it's that they (conventional dentists) don't really take it into consideration as they are mainly focused on the dentistry.

I am re posting that diagram of the anatomy of a tooth showing the dentin tubules. Please take a look as it will help you to understand how a tooth could remain infected after root canal therapy.

You are free to choose whatever option you feel is in your best interest. I am just offering you the information that your dentists are not offering you. You can google Dr Mercola and root canals or buy a great book that explains this topic very well called The Toxic Tooth by Dr Robert Kulacz (a dentist) and Dr Thomas Levy (a cardiologist).

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinbard View Post
I am in the UK and was basically referred by my usual dentist to this new guy who has been giving me this advice, I am not sure if he is an oral surgeon but I was supposed to be referred to one of the hospitals but since they are so full I was referred to him if that makes sense. Another dentist (a completely different one - i like to have other opinions) suggested a second root canal - she could have just been seeing ££ in her eyes as this practice was half private so she stands to make money off of this. It doesnt even sound like a 2nd root canal is something that would even work at this point!! Would this dentist just be suggesting a 2nd root canal for my teeth even over my health just for her own ££?? or perhaps 3 months ago a second root canal was possible if they saw the infection on the xray? thing is my usual dentist recommended a 2nd root canal just last month before I was referred to this new guy via the hospital. It does sound like a 2nd root canal couldnt possibly work?
Attached Thumbnails
Root canal infection-dentin-tubules-jpg  

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote