View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 01:26 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Bryanna,

Thanks for the specifics about the nerve healing and the supplements. I'll give them a try and up my B vitamins.

Currently, I'm taking "Emergency" which has Vit. C and B vitamins, but I see the amounts you list are up to 100 times more than what I've been taking.

Yes, I have a low dose of meds. I'm currently at 30 mg/day. I really don't like taking them, but I'm grateful for a break at the end of the day escape into sleep for about 10 hrs.

Had a big week traveling back east for my husband's family reunion (stress,even though his family is great, need more B vit!), but I'm back to work now and back to yoga and pilates, which really seem to help. I'm a big believer in the body healing itself

Thanks again for the specifics and I'll let you know how it goes.

Love and light to you,
Melanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi HeadPain,

Instant relief would be miraculous but I really do wish that had happened for you!

Being on the meds will make it hard to know if you are gaining improvement. I hope they just keep you on a low dose and then hopefully with some healing time you are able to wean off of it.

Think of the nerves as being irritated or stimulated causing them to fire randomly and with intensity. So now that the irritants are removed, the body needs to rescue those nerves and convince them to calm down. Certain supplements will help the body to do that.

The supplements...

The B vitamin that I personally use and recommend to clients because I feel it contains an excellent combination of top quality ingredients is:

"Thorne, B Complex 12". B vitamins are water soluble which means we do not retain what we do not utilize. So it is safe to take large doses of B's especially during times of trauma, sickness or when the body needs to be rescued. This product recommends 1-3 capsules daily. So when under stress or during times of "healing" taking 3 caps a day would be helpful until the stress or injury passes. Space them out, one at breakfast, at lunch and then dinner.

Ingredient list:

Thiamin (as Thiamin HCI) 40mg / 2‚667%
Riboflavin (25mg as Riboflavin and 3.6mg as Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium) 28.6mg / 1‚682%
Niacin (as Niacinamide) 80mg / 400%
Vitamin B6 (20mg as Pyridoxine HCI and 3.4mg as Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate) 23.4mg / 1‚170%
Folate 400mcg / 100%
(200mcg as Calcium Folinate and 200mcg as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate from L-5-Methyltetrahycrofolic Acid‚ Glucosamine Salt)
Vitamin B12 (300mcg as Adenosylcobalamin and 300mcg as Methylcobalamin) 600mcg / 10‚000%
Biotin 80mcg / 27%
Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate) 45mg / 450%
Choline Citrate 40mg / *

R Alpha Lipoic Acid RALA) is an antioxidant that helps repair and improve nerve function. The "R" type is the active form of alpha lipoic acid so the body readily accepts and absorbs it better than a non active form. A good brand is Vital Nutrients.

I purchase some supplements and food online from pureformulas.com because their prices are great and no shipping charges!

Bryanna
HeadPain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote