View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 06:19 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Pro,

My head was uncomfortable for awhile getting haircuts when the clippers were against my scalp. Since my daughter cuts my hair I just sucked it up....she has taken very good care of me since getting hurt and I didn't want to hurt her feelings.

I will run something by you that I sort of discovered on my own through this adventure.

Anxiety tells us we are in danger, at risk to some sort of harm. Until we get it straight that we are NOT in any danger all we are doing is staying in some form of control in public and collapsing at home where we are safe to collapse so to speak.

I would go to work this spring and do ok, the closer it got to quitting time I would get more anxious and the ride home would grow in anxiety to when I got home I was a mess. I could not figure out what was going on, why was I so freaked out about going home?

I began to realize that I held it together all day and home was where I could let my hair down and fall apart cuz it was my safe zone. The fact I missed was nothing was happening to me, I had been safe all along so I had nothing to fall apart over at home, I had never been in any danger. I began to tell myself that I was safe at work therefore I had no need to race home to avoid danger and if I could hold myself together at work I could do the same at home. I was falling apart at home from fear of an unknown and exhaustion.

The point of this is possibly you were apprehensive about your haircut and could hold yourself together at the shop but at home it was safe to experience all the symptoms you felt would endanger you from a haircut.

I am not sure if that makes any sense or even applies to your situation. Forgive me if I did not articulate my theory clearly.

Any one have any thoughts on this, I'm not a rocket scientist but this started to make sense to me this summer?

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark in Idaho (08-31-2015)