View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 08:38 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi. Thank you. I understand about how emotion plays a role in recovery. I have spent many years in and out of residential therapy and outpatient therapy. I have learned many coping mechanisms. I just am not sure how to deal with this issue I guess. In my eating disorder recovery it was about finding healthy coping mechanisms. I guess it was a lot of self talk and following the guidelines set for me. Now with this pain I can barely think sometimes and I'm not seeing any relief. Also the people that I try to listen to the docs have only made me worse. So yes the fear is there but then the fear turns to reality.I can't distract myself easily because the pain doesn't allow me out or even lay in comfort. I feel that if I had more results and anwers I could deal with it but this unknown of what is going on in my body and things getting worse makes it harder.I have had every test like I said and the findings which are more mild doesn't go with the bed ridden pain on vicadin. I'm trying to take one day at a time and focus on what I can do.
Heyjoe and sue I'm so sorry for all your going through too and the others. I'm here for all you too.
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote