View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 08:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have major proprioception issues and have had numerous falls from just simply looking up (away from my feet) and losing the sense of where they are at. You absolutely HAVE TO pay attention and move slowly to ensure you are placing your feet correctly to avoid falls. If it affects your ability to drive, then you need to stop driving at all. What are your symptoms?

One of the reasons my IVIG was increased to neuropathy treatment levels was not for reversal of neuropathy damage (as mine is considered permanent), but instead for slowing progression and specifically hoping to improve some aspects of my neuropathy, to include proprioception. Of course, it is hard to confirm whether or not it is helping this particular part of my neuropathy, but I have only had one fall in the last 6 months...and that is a VERY big improvement for me.

Have they tested your proprioception (fingers, toes, hands and feet)? How far up do you test positive (toes, ankles, knees, etc.) What about the Romberg's test...do you fall with eyes closed?

Some people can be helped with physical therapy...there is specific training for proprioception skills. Have you tried this?
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote