View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 09:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default My Brain is so confused now

Hi! And I thought I was so "spesssshul". 2 weeks ago I went to my 4th Neurologist who is a well known MS doctor in Southern CA. When he saw my MRI, he proclaimed that I was missing parts of my brain and that the white large spaces meant there was NOTHING there, not even liquid. He went on to show me how I was missing much of my frontal lobe. He called me a walking miracle because I have, up until recently, been very independent and worked an 8-5 job until last year when I was suddenly experiencing confusion, memory loss and a strange gait. I do have a slight case of CP but this was even weirder than my normal gait. My balance is toast. I'm thinking about graduating from a walker to a scooter. So after telling me that I truly had part of my brain missing, he tested me for Stiff Persons Syndrome. All the tests came back negative with the exception of elevated autoimmune stuff. So I've shown quite a few people, including my Disability group here on FB a copy of my MRI.

Today I got a message from one of our group members. She is not a doctor but she looked at my MRI and stated that it looked more like massive space between my venticles and that the brain doesn't just have "space" but that if there's large white areas, this indicates CSF.

Now this has cast doubts on this good doctor that was so willing to listen to me, not be uppity and told me what he honestly believed and reassured me that he would keep digging for a diagnosis for me.

I wish I could show this picture here. Maybe someone could affirm what he's saying or what my friend is saying.

My symptoms: NO headaches, balance issues. stiffness in my lower back and weakening legs, memory and focus/concentration problems, 50% hearing loss due to tinnitus.

I have been from doctor to doctor who, up until THIS doctor, blew me off. I don't know who to believe but you can bet when I go back for a follow up in Oct, I will be questioning his thoughts that I am missing parts of my brain. The reason that I am high functioning is, he said, because the brain rewired and did a work around after the stroke I had in the womb, causing my brain to develop properly.

Your thoughts please?
Valleydachs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote