View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 11:13 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by February View Post
I think maybe large sensory are involved now. There are both large sensory and motor fibers. Emg/ncs can see large sensory fiber damage but not small sensory fiber loss.

I have all 3, large and small fiber sensory and motor.

There were times when I couldn't tell when they were holding my toe up or down, and sometimes I couldn't feel them holding it at all. It felt like my arm was over there??? It also felt like my joints were bent in unnatural positions. Thankfully, it has improved.

I would have to look at the ground to walk. My gait was bad because I had forgotten how to position my step. With motor fibers it is hard to step regardless of how it does or doesn't feel. They are completely different. I also, would fall if I closed my eyes or walked in the dark. Physical therapy was critical. I learned how to position my step and improve my balance.

Reflexes are a good indicator of motor involvement.

Are you able to walk with a walker or if you look at the ground?
I have both large and small motor units on EMG but the small were isolated to the iliopsoas.
I'm working on the walker. I've gotten 34 feet ,but they half to wrap my feet and calves so that I'm not walking over my feet so much and to help ease things on my upper body since I use it way more than I should. Someone asked about driving , this had robbed me of that. Whatever is going on had gotten insidious and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!
rockenmama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote