View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 11:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Crying is Healthy Behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamG11 View Post
Guys,

Everything is still the same. Pretty much exactly how it was since I posted this. I tried talking to my mom but I just was crying so hard that I physically can't speak. It's hard to explain, but I can't talk cause of all the crying.

And My anxiety is getting worse because school is starting in a week. I'm so scared still. scared of everything.
Hi Sam,

I understand the difficulty with crying so much you cannot speak.
However, please understand you will not cry forever. At some point, once emotions are released, you will reach a point where you can talk.

What happens when if/when you cry hard in front of your mother?
Does she wait for you to eventually stop crying?
She must wonder what's beneath the crying?

Crying is perfectly acceptable behavior.
Many cultures cry more freely and more often than we do in our own culture.
Somewhere, we have gotten the message that crying, and crying hard, is not okay. It's more than okay! It's a strong release of emotions and is very healthy behavior.

There was a suggestion earlier in the thread, asking you if you might be able to write out your feelings and concerns and give them to your parents in writing. Someone suggested you simply print your first post and give it to your parents. Great suggestions!

Your anxiety is picking up with the upcoming return to school.
I was hoping you might be able to communicate with your parents before school starts, so you might have some additional advocacy/assistance from the school administration, teachers, programs, etc.

I hope you will find a way to communicate, to let your parents know your concerns and needs. You deserve assistance. Please accept assistance, Sam.

We are here for you, Sam.
Please tell us how we may best help you.
We care and we want to help you, Sam.

DejaVu
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (09-01-2015), Andy_Pablo (09-01-2015), barbo (09-01-2015), bizi (09-01-2015), EnglishDave (09-01-2015), eva5667faliure (09-01-2015), Littlepaw (09-01-2015), SamG11 (09-01-2015), Wren (09-01-2015)