View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 12:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

hi,

** - online groups are skewed to include more difficult cases, etc.. (I'm a parent of a child who still has seizures, don't think I'd spend the same time reading epilepsy groups if child had seizure control). Still there are some doctors who are bad fits for various patients or misinformed when it comes to E. Every patient needs to learn to advocate and figure out how to find the right doctors, which is not always clear cut. If he does not know a lot about his epilepsy, that would be important to learn. If he can swing it to be seen by an epileptologist, he's more likely to get better control and an improved quality of life. Epileptologist are neurologists who focus on seizure patients. I've met one I didn't care for but the last one I met seems like he might be a keeper. Being an informed and saavy patient doesn't fix everything but it helps. The Internet is a place a lot of people vent, others get attention by venting so not everything is how it seems.
** Epilepsy Foundation kinda merged with the therapy project at epilepsy.com **

Last edited by Chemar; 09-01-2015 at 03:41 PM. Reason: NT Guidelines re other forums
pogo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (09-01-2015), DejaVu (09-05-2015)