View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 01:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Can you call the hydrocephalus association to find a doc in your area to give you a second opinion? Because bad gait and confusion/memory issues are part of the triad of symptoms for NPH - normal pressure hydrocephalus (3rd common symptom is incontinence).

I don't trust neurologists to read radiology reports properly much less interpret imaging. I trust our neurosurgeon. There's still a lot to interpret that surgeons can get wrong but they know way more, all the ones I've met are imaging experts and either have PhDs in some imaging or are radiology adjunct profs.

If you have NPH, there a way to know by having a lumbar puncture where they remove fluid, your symptoms improve and they put in a shunt, huge improvement in quality of life. If you have some obstruction in your ventricles causing csf problems, you need to get to the right doc, asap. You can also have an ophthalmologist check your optic nerve, papilledema or signs of swelling/pressure might be there, if untreated your sight could be damaged. That's quick way to look for csf high pressure but not sure that's conclusive for your situation.
pogo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Valleydachs (09-01-2015)