View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 05:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi beforHim,

I have had epilepsy since I was 10 yrs. old soon to be 53 and I have had 2 brain surgeries to reduce my seizures but I work full time in public school as a teacher aide in Special Ed. Your friend can work the only problem your friend may have is transportation because by law a person is to go so long without having a seizure before driving, each state is different.
As pogo mentioned if your friend can get in to see an Epileptologist this Dr. knows much more about epilepsy, the cause of it, and can put your friend on the least amount of AED's (anti epileptic drugs) to control the seizures.
In the meantime tell your friend to cut back on the carbs and starch foods and stay away from NutraSweet all of these things can trigger seizures for many people. Tell your friend to keep track of their seizures write down on a calendar what time the seizure happened and the type of seizure or description of the seizure by doing this it will help the Dr. see if there's a pattern in the seizures (what time of day/night they happen or what days of the month). Often seizures can happen do to hormones changing each month but the biggest thing that triggers seizures is stress and lack of sleep. To get more detail and help you or your friend can call the Epilepsy Foundation of America at 1-800-332-1000 or check out their ecommunties and you can sign in and post some questions there and many people can help you out that relate to the matter. Also tell your friend to start taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day adult dosage and see if it helps reduce the seizures I know it reduced mine a lot. Wishing you and your friend only the best and May God Bless the Both of You!

Sue

Last edited by Porkette; 09-01-2015 at 01:07 PM.
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (09-02-2015), DejaVu (09-05-2015)