View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 07:02 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Good morning. UPDATE

I went to a different pain dr yesterday for a second opinion. This was such an extreme difference from the last dr. This dr was in the room with me explaining and showing me things that the other dr didn't. By the way the first dr walked in looked at my foot and said you have CRPS "I'm not going to explain it just google it". I was like wow really? After thinking about it if I did let him do the nerve block would he have to google it? Needless to say I fired him
So the new dr explained and showed me that I have all four symptoms. With one of them being minor which is good. But I do have discoloration, temperature difference and I forgot the last one lol. The one where it is painful to touch is only in a small part of my foot but extremely painful to walk.
He gave me a choice to try intense physical therapy for four weeks or nerve block. I chose the physical therapy and we will see what happens there. He wants me to move my foot more and walk more without crutches. He also said that the liryca the other dr gave me was not enough so he upped that. He then gave me quick release morphine to take as needed along with the extended release morphine twice daily.
The the nice person who asked about me living in a rural area. I am in Louisiana in between New Orleans and Baton Rouge so I am seeing a dr in Baton Rouge
Thanks again everyone for all of your input. I look forward to hearing from yall more. I will let yall know how pt goes. My appointment is tomorrow
Juliek72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (09-01-2015), DejaVu (09-20-2015)