View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 03:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am just not sure where to start in responding to these series of posts.

However, my last neurologist told me that he has 'hundreds of patients that have SFN, and they all work." This was said in the context of me asking and handing him a few papers to fill out for my SSDI.

Many people with many disabilities, conditions and diagnoses, including but not limited to SFN, go to work at full time jobs every day. Blind, deaf, paraplegic, schizophrenic, cancer, renal failure, etc.

I have talked to others who know about SFN, and they have said the above statement by my FORMER doctor is without merit. Unfounded. Silly. Illogical.

Do any of these 'others' have medical degree?

It seems like I read somewhere that the SSA could care less if there are any jobs in one's area, for one's limitations. If you can work part-time doing non-demanding work . . . then FIND IT. I had the impression they could care less what is available in your area. "You can always move." Your thoughts?

First; the Social Security Administration has no 'feelings' about you one way or another. That is the job of your family and friends, not a government entity. The employees are there to follow the rule of law - so SSA is not able to 'care'.
Second; Why not look for work where you can find it? It is not the mission of SSA to support you to live in the city or state you want to live in if you could find work elsewhere. This IS a federal program that all working people in the US pay into.

They can't see the trees for the forest. A person would just get sicker and sicker cut off from their support system . . . Heartless b*stards...

Again, not the job of SSA and SSA haves no 'feelings'. You are also making assumptions about everyone that may not be accurate at all. Some people actually thrive away from home. SSA is not your mother.

I hope you understand that your feelings about law and regulations have nothing to do with whether or not you will be found disabled.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (09-01-2015), LIT LOVE (09-01-2015)