View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 06:36 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I have struggled with non-obstructive apnea since a head and neck injury in 2001. I have found two possible solutions.

For me, my CSA is related to inflammation of the upper cervical area. By limiting such inflammation, my CSA is reduced or eliminated, My CSA will manifest while awake if I have my neck in a forward and right position for too long. This became evident during an attempt to fall asleep during an EEG with sleep session.

I also found a diaphragm pacemaker that can help those with a critical level of CSA. http://www.averybiomedical.com/ It is an extreme solution but can save a life.

Untreated, the cumulative effect of CSA can damage the heart and brain. My father struggled with untreated CSA for 40 years before it finally took his life as his brain slowly failed.

I have to sleep flat on my back with a pillow supporting the side of my head. When I sleep like this, I wake up refreshed. If I don't, I can stop breathing up to 16 times per hour. My wife stayed up and observed and counted each episode. If I have episodes of apnea, I have stressful dreams and wake up tired and foggy brained. My body also jerks during these episodes.

NUCCA, Upper Cervical and Atlas Orthogonal Chiros can help with these upper neck issues for many people.

PM me if you need more info. I follow the TBI/Post Concussion Syndrome forum.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote