Thread: Tinnitus
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 07:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukesmom View Post
I have tinnitus( ringing in the ears) since the onset of my PN symptoms. Is this common and is there anything that helps?
I don't know if this is common, but is a symptom that I had, which got really terrible during the first several months of getting SFN. I also had a vestibular issue and other hearing issues that went along with it. I saw the ENT at the teaching hospital and it was pretty much a wasted trip as he wasn't able to help me with anything.

Some of the things I did to try to cope with ringing ears: avoid loud noises and situations because they were overstimulating, made my head throb, and made my disequilibrium worse; when I went to bed, I would turn on a fan and use a white noise box; I also tried to ignore the ringing and not think about it; and I quit drinking coffee during that time because I didn't want to stimulate my already overstimulated system. I don't know if quitting coffee helped, but it certainly didn't hurt anything.

I'm happy to say that the ringing in my ears is much better and has almost resolved.
madisongrrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lukesmom (09-01-2015)