View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 08:23 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinglady View Post
Really that is the answer when you suffer from diabetic neuropathy. I should not be shocked. I worked in healthcare for 12 years. I am brand new to all this. I have been on the Internet for solutions and nothing seems to work. I am already on Cymbalta but there is no relief. Ugh ugh ugh. I have read many posts of sufferers and all I want to do now is end it. Live with burning feet with no relief for the rest of my life. After all my research I see there is no relief. And to top it off this is what my pill mill doctors told me.
It seems that controlling blood sugar whether or not you have diabetes induced neuropathy or diabetes signs seems to keep pain from raging. I dont have diabetes but I still watch my blood sugar because I know what can happen if I let it out of control.

When it comes to cymbalta, gabapentin, lyrica, whatever the case. they really just scramble the brain signals. Even in cases where they may mask the pain or confuse the signals, the side effects from these medications are debilitating in my opinion. I've tried them all. After a while the fact that you cant remember things, stumble around, are dizzy, etc. It's not worth it because of the fact that those are pretty bad and in some cases can put u in situations where you can get seriously hurt.

I would seriously look into supplementation, give them a few months to deliver results. Most of the supplements for SFn also help with blood sugar levels, so its a win win. CHeck my signature and janieg's above me. Most importantly B-12 and R-Lipoic Acid, because there are studies that show they have actually benefitted people with this condition.

This is an awful condition it really is. Try to stay strong and have hope, you'll have bad days and not as bad days.

• R-Lipoic Acid: 100mg - 300mg Daily
• Acetyl-L Carnitine: 1500mg Daily
• Vitamin B12: 1000 mcg Daily
• Magnesium 500mg Daily
• Grape Seed Extract 200mg Daily
• Benfotiamine 300mg daily

Patrick Winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (09-02-2015), ger715 (09-01-2015), janieg (09-01-2015), mrsD (09-02-2015)