View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 10:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

First of all, I try to stay out of the sun. I cut out almost all caffeine after 10 AM and eat lite meals and drink lots and lots of water. Food that is difficult or slow to digest is a no no.

Our walks are mainly from 6am to 6:30 am. I try to wear lightweight cotton rather than synthetics, and make sure it's loose fitting. Wear a cap or hat that covers the top of your head yet allows air movement. You lose heat through the top of your head so you don't want to trap that heat in, yet you want to cover it because you don't want the sun shining there and heating things up even more.

During the day while inside the house I use a lot of "window management". Too much in and out of the air conditioning is really hard on me and will trigger a migraine. Don't want one of those, so... if the sun is shining in, or about to the window gets shut and the curtains drawn. Then as the day progresses you open the windows when the sun no longer shines through and close the ones that do. Sometimes a fan blowing the warm air out of the house keeps things cooler. Use ceiling fans to recirculate the air in the room you are using.

If you have to cook, use the microwave and/or toaster oven rather than the regular oven.

The cold wet washcloths help a lot, and keeping my hair off my neck makes a big difference.

I haven't turned the air on yet. Usually don't have to until mid July when the temps get above 95 and it doesn't cool off at night.

I hope some part of this helps.

Hugs and Prayers

pass the bubble wrap please
Farm Wife is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote