View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 09:43 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Flare ups & CRPS spreading

I have been quiet on here overall, trying to manage my pain behind the scenes. Occasionally I may post something that I am struggling with but for the most part it takes all I can do to get through the day so I don't have the energy to post and when I am feeling good, I don't want to stop and think about CRPS.

Tonight I just need support as I feel like CRPS is taking off in a whirlwind. The flare ups seems more frequent and now seem to be coming on without any trigger. I also fear that the CRPS is spreading into my lower back as my back continues to have spasms and very intense pain (burning, shooting, pressure and throbbing). This evening I worked late and got home home about 8. I have an hour drive home and that almost sent me over the edge, sitting that long and the vibration of the car. When I got home, My boyfriend (who is amazingly supportive) took me out for dinner. Well as I sat in the restaurant my pain shot up and all the sudden it felt like my foot was going to explode if I didn't get the boot off.(I wear a boot cast bc of CRPS). I asked if he minded getting food to go and then I went to lay down in the car where the pain continued to escalate…everywhere. This is something new.. Usually it is localized.

I also went to my General Practitioner today for a check up, flu shot and blood work and she did my paperwork for the handicap parking. Even though it isn't a big deal, it was so tough to see the permanent box checked off.

I have an appointment 10/2 with UVA (university of Virginia)PM clinic and am doing a consult for Ketamine Infusions. The date can't come soon enough. I don't know if I can live with these flareups for the next month :-/

I hope the rest of you are having a pain free week.
Inspiretoday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (09-02-2015), Leggiesmcb (09-05-2015), RSD ME (09-03-2015)