View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 09:47 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks everyone.

I have changed quite a bit of my lifestyle, I have been forced to change 98% of my lifestyle. I use to work 70 (+) hours a week, I kiteboarded and sailed on the weekends. When I had time off, I would travel and explore. Now I can't live alone, I work a gov't job and I can't even do my laundry. Work is the one thing I will continue to hold onto. I do worry about the difficulty of working 9 hours plus my 2 hour daily drive. Right now not working is not an option. Mostly because it is my sanity. It's the only social aspect of my life now that I was forced to move thousands of miles from my home to be closer to family. My career is also a core part of who I am.

It is the little things that help. I agree Littlepaw, just having a towel under my foot can make the biggest difference. My physical therapist cut up some foam and made a block for me to rest my foot on. I bought a nice comfy car with heated seats to help with the drive and sometimes listen to audio books or do an interactive program to learn Indonesian…. I am filling my life with little things and it is helping tremendously.

It's those days when the pain comes out of nowhere and radiates through my body. I'm not sure why there is no trigger to those days? Yesterday was slightly busy but not out of the ordinary. Today was much busier & I came home with my pain at a 6 (which is low for me).

The boot. ugh, it's horrible. And stinky (ha!) I had it off for 6 hours on monday at work and I did great! The next day, couldn't get the tennis shoe on. Today can't get the shoe on. I wish that triggers to this made sense. I've tracked everything from diet to mood to menstrual cycle, to activities and sometimes there is of course a correlation and other times there is nothing and I can't get out of bed without excruciating pails it was n. No doctor has even taken the boot off to look at in over a month. It is as if they don't understand it so they can't help. I have decided for the my next appointment I will rip the thing off and make the doctor look, test and examine. As soon as a dr reads CRPS in my file, I am treated completely different. As is I either had a conversion disorder or a death sentence or both. When I advocate I am treated like I have some type of manipulative personality disorder and trying to get drugs and therefore not taken seriously. No MRI yet. I was told it was CRPS and nothing was wrong. Yet no one knows why I there is no progress being made with the boot.

My back is feeling a little better today and I hope to get in some gentle stretching and yoga tomorrow.

One day at a time.
Inspiretoday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (09-03-2015), Leggiesmcb (09-05-2015)