View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 07:25 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Dear Inspire,

Like you I have been treated like a drug seeker. I realize now that the uninformed medicos could not believe it was possible for me to have unbearable pain based on my injuries. Also, I had a new pcp, who did not know me. I recently watched a Youtube video which showed typical drug seeking behavior and of course, this is pretty much how I presented.

Regarding the handicapped placard, mine expires in 5 years. I would prefer a permanent one, because it eliminates going through the application process again.

For me the boot and the braces made me worse. The big, clunky shoes with inserts for overpronation made me worse, too. Fortunately, the PTs I saw recognized what was happening and encouraged me to walk barefoot, along with other exercises, so that I could strengthen my feet. It was torture at first, because a tiny crumb on the floor would unbalance me and knock me down. I was walking on the outer edges of my feet, over supinating, in a vain attempt to escape pain. I bought a product called Correct Toes to help me regain my arches and fix my gait.

Regarding triggers, I set myself up for unbearable pain when I overdo any pro-inflammatory foods like dairy, sugar. Also, i live at the whim of barometric pressure. A change in it literally attacks my me from head to toe, I want to move to Hawaii which has zero days of barometric changes. Sleep hygiene is another factor, if I mess up my routine even slightly I suffer. Temperature changes are a bear, too. I cannot be too hot or too cold, although since I started taking LDN I stopped shivering and shaking in icy rooms.

Have you tried infrared heat on your back?

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread9620.html

Last edited by BioBased; 09-03-2015 at 09:43 AM.
BioBased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Inspiretoday (09-03-2015)