Old 09-03-2015, 11:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Dumped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
Hi Jerie,

Geez, that is a tough place to be in.

I don't understand when you say you have no PCP and no hospital to go to. Will no one at all see you?

It is a violation of EMTALA (emergency medical treatment and labor act) to refuse care to someone presenting to the ER. If you are being turned away without a medical screening that is against the law. However, If the ER is seeing you but declining to treat pain it may be because their hands are tied by the new regs.
Both. Saying I need no medical care, saying they will not initiate contact with PM DR. PM Drs not responding to request for help with hosp. ED not treating "CHRONIC PAIN" at the ED. My so called Pain disorder that causes so many other medical issues, like ANS, dystonia attacks, etc. Just drug seeking behavior. I do not have any idea how I will cope without daily pain medication. I have full body RSD. Then they always go back to why don't you just start over with diagnostic process. It's either the you just need a shrink or we don't believe you or you just want meds. I am praying to God for help doing this med free and Dr free from now on. When its out its out. I already dumped Cymbalta, tapering klonopin and ketamine will be no biggy but I'll miss the help. I have some unauthorized opiates I will have to make sure I don't fall back on when the ketamine goes. An internal medicine Dr agreed to treat me if I never requested pain meds. AT least I can manage my thyroid, liver and bladder and gut issues. 3 hr drive. My life is sucking and I am afraid again.
Jerie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (09-12-2015)