View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 02:12 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Coming off my PD drugs

Hi everyone, I have just joined this forum, I live in New Zealand and have some questions I hope you can help me with. I have been diagnosed now for 10 years and back then, the neurologist told me I would be disabled in 10 years, well I am not, and I lead a normal life. I am on drugs of course, ropinerole 4mg x 3 times a day, sinemet 100mg/25 x 3 times a day and entacapone 200mg x 3 times a day, reasonably low doses. Have been on sinemet for 6 years. I am thinking now I could be misdiagnosed? or have a mild case of PD? At my last visit to my neurologist, I asked him about coming off my drugs and he thought I could try if I wanted to. But, I need more information and support to do this!!

So, I would like to know if there is anyone out there who has come off all their PD drugs and how they did it. Has anyone else got a mild case of PD? or does anyone think they have been misdiagnosed??

It is actually quite scary, the thought of coming of drugs I seem to have been relying on for years. But, do I come off them or stay on them???

Any help or suggestions on this would be great, thank you.

Janette
Issi 8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote