View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 08:43 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

It is true that most attorneys will advise their clients not to work while applying for SSDI benefits. It is certainly not uncommon for claimants to be approved while working pt if their earnings are modest. I won't get into dollar amounts because that can be used to coach someone on how to work the system. If a person keeps their wages just under the SGA amount every month, then yes, 1) it will make their approval difficult 2) they probably should be denied anyway.

Let me mention, that it can actually help a claimant's credibility to attempt to return to work by trying a different job or jobs. --The goal should be to actually be able to return to work, and not just an attempt to just gain evidence to support one's SSDI claim though.

Whether Dean could find a different career path that is workable with or without accommodations, or even after having additional treatment for his impairments, it's impossible to say. Since SS has already determined Dean is not capable of working in his former job at the SGA level, and for other reasons, my personal opinion is it would be better for him to try and find a new career path.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
canifindagooddr (09-03-2015), Hopeless (09-03-2015)