View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 03:35 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I'm glad you're waiting to go to the beach. Holiday weekends are brutal even for those without other things on their mind. You'll enjoy the time away much more later.

Poor Mom....I hope she's feeling better. Is she doing well at home now?

I remember the weeks following my husband's passing. I would sit and think "Doesn't anybody know what just happened? How can people get "back to normal" so quickly? My husband just passed away and the world just keeps going and going......". It's hard to accept but things keep on keeping on.....as much as we want them to slow down.

I remember the "chores" of going to the SS office, the bank, the endless places that needed a death certificate in order to either make changes or make the account in just my name. Seemed endless. But I encountered some very nice folks along the way.

That is such a nice thing you did with all the plants. I'm sure the garden will look beautiful. My house looked like a florist for weeks.......and to this day I cannot walk into a florist shop without the smell overwhelming me. There is just a certain aroma of flowers and greenery together that still doesn't agree with me. I did save all the baskets and had silk plants put into them. They're pretty and I don't have to worry about watering them.

I hope you're coping as best as you can and that your family is close by for you. Just take it one minute at a time......don't try to do too much or overwhelm yourself. It's a process.....albeit slow.....but it's necessary and you will get through it.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (09-05-2015), ger715 (09-04-2015), Lara (09-04-2015), Mark56 (09-04-2015), mrsD (09-04-2015), RSD ME (09-17-2015), St George 2013 (09-04-2015)